Wednesday, April 19, 2017

YOU’VE GOT IT ALL WRONG

YOU’VE GOT IT ALL WRONG 


I realize you’re angry with me and you THINK you know why… but the truth is you don’t know what’s been going on at all. I want you to know what it was that’s been taking all my time and attention away from you… I wish you would at least talk to me, if only to ASK me where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing instead of making assumptions. I suppose this is partly my fault because I should have told you… I shouldn’t keep secrets from you. But darling…. do you remember what you told me about your secret hopes and dreams? That one thing you always wanted but had been afraid to reach for? The truth is I’ve been working on your dreams – our dreams – to turn them into a reality. I know it felt like I was ignoring you… like I wasn’t giving you the time and attention you deserved but know that it was because I love you so much… There’s never been anyone else… just you… there’s only one person on this earth for me … and that, my love is YOU. Ask me where I’ve been when I am not with you… ask me what I’ve been doing that has distracted me so much… I promise you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Neena Gupta 

No comments: