Friday, April 14, 2017

I MISS YOU DAD

I MISS YOU DAD

I am missing you so much today daddy… You didn’t just give me the gift of life – you put the sparkle of dreams in my eyes. But before I could turn those dreams into a reality… before I was ready to walk through life alone – you left for the heavens. Every time I stagger and am afraid I am falling, I want nothing more than for you to appear out of nowhere and hold me again. Every time I feel lost and think of giving up, I imagine you pushing me forward, telling me to get up and try again. Sometimes I think that little voice in the back of my mind is the only thing that keeps me standing on my own two feet and surviving… that little voice that sounds just like you and strengthens me just because it wants to make you proud. If you were here with me now, my life would be so different… I would have been such a different person I hadn’t lost you… I miss you every moment that goes by and I am fighting this war of life for you… I am conquering each and every day because I know in my heart that you love me and would never let me fail if you were here. You would be here with me if you could, I know… And that little voice in my head assures me that in a way, you are still here…. every time I think of you…!

No comments: