Saturday, April 15, 2017

WHY HAVE YOU SUDDENLY CHANGED?

WHY HAVE YOU SUDDENLY CHANGED?

I still remember how happy we both were when the doctor gave us the news that we would be a family. It was as if our happiness knew no bounds and it spilled out from us and filled the room with sheer joy. I remember you were so excited that for once you put all your work aside so you could spend time focused only on me… We knew then that our lives would undergo many changes… that my body would transform as I went through so many hormonal changes and you seemed ready for everything. But lately, you have changed… you’ve started ignoring me… even shouting at me for small things, almost as if you no longer respect me. I would never have expected such a reaction from you… You don’t seem to listen or care when I tell you about the movements I can feel or about the development of this new life we created together… I may be hormonal and have mood swings, but I know when something isn’t right between us. Wasn’t a child everything we ever wanted? Why are you suddenly so rude and indifferent towards me?? I can only hope that by the time our child comes into this world you will have sorted through whatever is going on inside you and come back to me as the man I love… In my heart, I have faith that everything will be alright because if anything can melt your agony away and restore you to the loving man I once knew, it will be meeting the newest member of our family for the first time

No comments: